Hobby or recreational flying (not for hire or as part of business) may be done without FAA approval, but users must follow safety guidelines including:
• Must be for hobby or recreational purposes only
• Follow community-based safety guidelines
• Fly under 400 feet and within line of sight of the operator
• Not fly near manned aircraft
• Contact the airport or control tower before flying within five miles of an airport
• All operators should check local or state laws for usage restrictions and/or privacy rules.
To learn more about these safety guidelines from the FAA, click here.